Date: Saturday May 14, 2016 from 8:45 AM to 6:00 PM BST
Run by: Altrincham Gaming Club, contacts: Andrew Sharp and Kev Honeysett (email@example.com)
Venue: Altrincham Gaming Club, WA14 4DN
Composition Details: 2000 pts, 3 round Swiss system. Allies allowed. Composition / House rules in effect (see below)
- Fly, The unit can move over anything (blocking terrain, enemy units, friendly units when charging, etc.), but still cannot land on top of them. The unit does not suffer hindered charges for moving over difficult terrain or obstacles, unless it ends the move within or touching them. The unit also has the Nimble special rule. While Disordered, units lose Fly. Note that this also means they lose Nimble too, unless they have it regardless of Fly (such as Individuals).
Allied units may not take any artefacts.
- The lists for this tournament are closed, so you do not need to disclose your magic items until used or at the end of the game.
- Dominate – Units with the Individual special rule that are within the central area are now only worth half their point value (rounding up to the nearest 5) when it comes to determining your score.
- Invade – Units with the Individual special rule that are within your opponent’s half of the board are now only worth half their point value (rounding up to the nearest 5) when it comes to determining your score.
- Loot – While in possession of a loot counter, Units lose the use of both the Nimble and Fly special rules.
- Bane Chant – If one or more hits are scored then the target unit gains Crushing Strength (1) or increases their
- Crushing Strength by 1. If two or more hits are scored then the target also gains Piercing (1) or increases their Piercing by 1, in addition to the Crushing Strength.”
- Mhorgoth the Faceless  – Touch of Darkness: If your army includes Mhorgoth, you may upgrade any one non-allied Shambling unit in the army (except for Heroes), imbuing it with the arcane power of the Faceless himself (+25 points). The unit thus upgraded has the Regeneration (5+) special rule.
- Cursed Pharaoh – This unit has Defence 5 not 6.
- Ahmunite Pharaoh– This unit has Defence 5 not 6.
- No unit of a given size can be included more than 3 times.
- Unique individuals (i.e. those marked with a  after their name in the list) can be included in tournament armies.
The list of house rules /composition pack is extensive. The Altrincham team have been asked to include these restrictions by the Rules Committee to assess potential additions to the “Mantic” event pack. Flyers losing the ability to fly whilst disordered, coupled with the changes to Dominate and Invade is going to hit hard on armies that use a heavy flyer biased force. The Bane Chant change reduces the impact of mass shooting and the no artefacts on allies removes that favourite of KoW armies; the ogre shooter horde with +1 to hit. The stat changes on the Pharaoh brings them (point-wise) back into line with other characters.